Sri Narendra singh Tomar released the 3rd Advance Estimates of area and production of horticultural crops for the year 2021-22 today. This year as per the third estimate, a record 342.33 million tonnes is to be produced from a total area of 28.08 million hectares. Shri Narendra Singh Tomar the Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare congratulated the farmers, scientists, and officers of horticulture for this achievement.
Horticulture area and production facts for the Year 2021-22 3rd Advance Estimate
• The total horticulture production is estimated to be 342.33 million tonnes in the year 2021-22, showing an increase of about 7.73 million tonnes (an increase of 2.3%) over the year 2020-21 (final).
• Production of fruits is estimated to be 107.24 million tonnes as against 102.48 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of vegetables is estimated to be 204.84 million tonnes as against 200.45 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Production of Onion is estimated to be 31.27 Million Tonnes as against 26.64 Million Tonnes in the year 2020-21.
• Production of Potatoes is estimated to be 53.39 million tonnes as against 56.17 million tonnes in 2020-21.
• Tomato production is estimated to be 20.33 million tonnes as against 21.18 million tonnes in 2020-21
These facts are from the press release by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India